Each year GlobalAustin brings more than 300 international visitors to Central Texas. Our guests appreciate the opportunity to interact with Americans in their homes for a meal.
Occasionally, we seek hosts for overnight stays. This could be for one or more nights
To register to become a Home Hospitality host, please click here
Host a Dinner:
Exchange participants often stay in hotels, eat at local restaurants, and explore our downtown area. By opening your home to them, you’re offering a glimpse into everyday American life while making friendships that can last a lifetime.
Dinner Made Easy:
Dinner doesn’t have to be fancy – a potluck, backyard BBQ, or even a catered meal are all great options
· Host during the evening; any day of the week
· Groups range in size from 1 to 6 visitors
· Background information about visitors’ profession and program while in Austin, and dietary restrictions are provided
· Interpretation provided if necessary
· There is no typical dinner host – just like homes around Austin, hosts include families, individuals, students, and roommates
· Relax and enjoy!
Please note that we do not recommend taking visitors to restaurants, but please ask staff if this is the only option for you.
Meet the world on a personal level. Apply today to become a dinner host!