Date(s) - 03/06/2013
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Citizen Diplomacy Receptions
Marker 10 (cocktail lounge) Hyatt Regency Hotel
208 Barton Springs Road
BE A CITIZEN DIPLOMAT
GlobalAustin invites you to a Citizen Diplomacy Reception and Networking Event on Wednesday, March 6, 6 p.m., at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Our guests will be six women from Canada who are in Austin to discuss Trade and Entrepreneurship.
- Ms. Jennifer Dawn Brandle-McCall is CEO of the Prince George Chamber of Commerce, which is the fifth largest Chamber in British Columbia. In this capacity,she works with local, provincial, federal and international officials to utilize and promote resources within the community.
- Ms. Stephanie Jecrois is President of the Young Haitian Chamber of Commerce. Ms. Jecrois heads the largest network of young entrepreneurs from the Haitian Community in Quebec. The Young Haitian Chamber of Commerce supports business development and exchanges with professionals and community leaders to make young Haitians more competitive in the Quebec business sector. Her work with the City of Montreal allows her to build partnerships for the city with other entities including UNESCO.
- Ms. Amina Nleung-Abah Gerba is President and Founder of Afrique Expansion. She founded Afrique Expansion, a consulting firm whose mission is to develop and promote commercial exchange between Canada and Africa. Afrique Expansion holds a large trade fair every two years and publishes a magazine and website. She is also the President and Founder of a fair-trade shea butter distributing company, Laboratories Kariliss Inc.
- Ms. Nancy Leigh Phillips is Director, Investment and Trade, Greater Halifax Partnership. In this position, Ms. Phillips is responsible for leading the organization’s international market development. She is also the Executive Director of the Halifax Gateway Council, a public-private entity focused on retention and growth of transportation assets in Halifax.
- Ms. Deborah Aliston Trenholm, President and Founder, Savvy Company Inc. Ms. Trenholm is founder of the SavvyCompany, which is a wine marketing and event company. She and her team of sommeliers serve as a resource for wine consumers, professionals and the media in Ottawa and across Canada.